Once our pipes were operational again I started a 7 Bean Soup to help combat the chilly weather. If you’re looking for a healthy & hearty meal, you have to try this recipe…maybe with some grilled cheese too!
Cutting up wraps and baking them with a little sea salt and oil is a great addition too! Quick and easy!
- 1½ cups multi-bean soup mix, soaked for 4-8 hours, rinsed and drained
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ¾ tablespoon paprika
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Sea salt
1. Combine the beans and 6 cups of water in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add the cumin, coriander, paprika, and cayenne, if desired, for a nice spicy kick.
3. Peel and press the garlic cloves and add to the soup along with the diced tomato.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer partially covered for 75 minutes.
5. Stir the bottom of the pot occasionally, to ensure that the soup is not burning.
6. Add more water to thin the soup, if desired.
7. Taste the beans for desired tenderness.
8. Season with salt to taste once the beans are fully cooked, then cook for 5 minutes more.
9. Garnish with chopped scallions and serve